Ecology Action Centre Job Posting
Research and Evaluation Coordinator (Food Team)
The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is an environmental charity based in Nova Scotia. We take leadership on critical environmental issues from biodiversity protection to climate change to environmental justice. We are grounded in community and are a strong voice and watchdog for our environment. We work to catalyze change through policy advocacy, community development, and building awareness. We take a holistic approach to the environment and our economy to create a just and sustainable society.
OUR FOOD PROJECT
Our Food: Reconnecting Food and Community, or the Our Food Project, aims to strengthen communities’ relationship to food. Our vision is one in which the many voices of producers and eaters are part of decision-making around food and where food is at the heart of healthy, vibrant communities.
Through policy efforts, supporting food leaders, and strengthening the food movement, we help get food issues on the table and more good food on the tables of people in Nova Scotia and Southeast New Brunswick. We work closely with community leaders and organizations to enhance their efforts on food issues. We engage with policy makers and connect community to policy, so that food access and healthy food environments are considered in policy decisions. (Learn more at www.ecologyaction.ca/ourfood).
The Ecology Action Centre is seeking a full-time Research and Evaluation Coordinator for a one year contract, to work out of our Halifax office.
The Research and Evaluation Coordinator acts as the internal evaluator for the Our Food Project. Their role is to steward all evaluation for the project team, as well as with program participants and network/policy partners in order to determine and understand impact.
The Research and Evaluation Coordinator is experienced in both traditional and developmental evaluation methods with strong report writing skills. They are a strong communicator and facilitator, with the ability to work with the dynamics of different groups. They have a willingness to learn, are open to different and new ways of working, and work well in both independent and highly collaborative environments.
The position will support and be supported by the rest of the project team, based in Halifax, Cumberland County, Cape Breton and our sister project in Southeast New Brunswick. The position reports to the EAC’s staff directors.
- Working with the project team to implement and adapt evaluation plans and tools, mainly summative and Developmental Evaluation, to document and understand the impact of our activities;
- Writing an annual report with support of a research assistant (due April 30th, 2019), including data aggregation and theming;
- Summative evaluation of a three-year project, including but not limited to:
- coordinating a complex cross-initiative online survey (using Typeform),
- a follow-up network analysis across our project regions (using existing framework),
- using other techniques, such as interviews, focus groups, storytelling, and photovoice, to capture the experience of those engaged in the project, and
- writing an extensive final project report, including coordinating graphic design process;
- Maintaining, trouble-shooting and coordinating our online monitoring database (using KNACK) with team members, and pulling data for reports and grants;
- Coordinating communication efforts across the team to tell the story of the project through a variety of means, such as formal reports for funders, photo exhibits, video, data visualization, infographics, blog posts and social media;
- Coordinating three team retreats and internal developmental evaluation practices, e.g. Strategy Journals;
- Managing budget and external consultant contracts;
- Liaising with funder on reports and evaluation;
- Supporting the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre and the Food Team; and
- Other duties as required.
See here for further details regarding required skills, experience, terms of employment and how to apply: EAC Job Posting – Research and Eval Coordinator, Food Team – Jan 2019
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with a final CLOSING DATE of Thursday Feb 7th, 2019 by 4pm.