Jessie-Lee McIsaac, Director, Early Childhood Collaborative Research Centre
Recognized as a leader in distance and experiential learning, and based on a strong tradition of social responsibility, Mount Saint Vincent University takes a personalized approach to education to nurture socially responsible global citizens. Founded in 1873, the Mount has been nationally recognized for having one of the lowest student-to-professor ratios, for providing students early access to valuable research opportunities, for its legacy in the advancement of women, and for facilitating critical advancements in food security, healthy aging, literacy, and childhood development. The Mount believes that our people are our foundation and our relationships are built on respect and accountability. Please visit www.msvu.ca to learn more about us.
Dr. Jessie-Lee McIsaac, Assistant Professor with the Faculty of Education and Department of Child and Youth Study, is seeking an Evaluation Manager at the Early Childhood Collaborative Research Centre.
About the Opportunity
The Evaluation Manager position will support the management of current evaluation projects at the Early Childhood Collaborative Research Centre. This will include developing and adapting logic models and evaluation frameworks, coordinating data collection and analysis and leading the development of project deliverables. The Evaluation Manager will mentor graduate and undergraduate students, support liaisons with project sponsors and collaborators, and plan and conduct workshops and training to build evaluation capacity for the ECCRC team. This is a full time, eight-month term with the possibility of extension.
• Completion of a related Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing evaluation theories/frameworks (e.g., theory of change, logic models).
• Knowledge and experience with project management, qualitative and quantitative research and/or evaluation.
• Familiarity with early childhood education and care provincial initiatives in Nova Scotia.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
• Eager to supervise/mentor undergraduate/graduate students.
• Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic, professional demeanor, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
• Competence with basic administrative functions and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with data analysis and visualization software (SPSS, NVivo) an asset.
• Bilingual in French language an asset (please identify in cover letter).
Classification: 8 Month, Term Contract, 35 hours/week
Starting Salary: $23 to $25 per hour, depending on experience
Start Date: July 29th 2019
Application Process: Please email a cover letter and resume that outlines your specific experience related to the job information and required skills to [email protected] This competition closes on July 12 2019.
Mount Saint Vincent University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and other groups that would contribute to the diversification of our campus. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify in their application materials. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Full posting and two other job opportunities here.