Here is some information on a current job opportunity in evaluation in Nova Scotia!
Planning and Evaluation Coordinator
Apply to this job now: https://jobs.nshealth.ca/job/Guysborough%2CWolfville%2CYarmouth-Planning-and-Evaluation-Coordinator-Nova-B2Y-4G8/354435617/
Req ID: 1747
Department: Public Health Foundations, Science & System Performance
Type of Employment: Regular Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1.00 position(s)
Union Status: Admin Professionals NSGEU Hlthcare
Posting Closing Date: 03-May-17
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Planning and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for providing expert advice and leadership for evidence-gathering and planning initiatives to support accountability, planning, and evidence-based decision making within Public health.
The Coordinator establishes and leads project teams and committees to develop monitoring and evaluation initiatives; designs and implements evaluation frameworks and related tools; and conducts literature reviews and jurisdictional scans.
The Coordinator contributes to a culture of evaluation and evidence-informed decision-making through the development of tools, standardized processes, and capacity-building initiatives.
* Masters degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, Health Administration, Applied Social Sciences, Community Health, Program Evaluation, Health Promotion with an emphasis on program planning and evaluation OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* Five years of experience in planning, evaluation, quality improvement, or social science research
* Experience in public health preferred
* Registered, or eligible for registration, with professional association applicable to educational background
* Canadian Evaluation Society’s Credentialed Evaluator designation preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of research and evaluation design and methodology
* Strong project management and facilitation skills
* Excellent communication skills to interpret evaluation and statistical information to non-evaluators
* Very strong information analysis, synthesis, interpretation and writing skills
* Experience conducting systematic literature reviews and environment scans
* Understanding of the population health approach
* Ability to work independently and take initiative
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
* Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-Time Position; 70 hours bi-weekly
$ 32. 6138 – $ 39.7137 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
This is an Administrative Professionals agreement- NSGEU Healthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile.
Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits and vacation entitlement and/or usage,
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.