Performance Measurement Workshop with Steve Montague
Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Learning Centre Plus, 17th Fl Harbourview Room, Maritime Centre, 1505 Barrington St., Halifax
This interactive approach to learning uses a case-driven approach, drawing on practical examples from the experiences of participants and the facilitator. Topics include: establishing results logic and measurement, performance measurement strategy, performance information profiles, and linkages to results-based management principles as recently defined by the United Nations, World Bank and others.
- Understand the key principles and practices of Results Based Management
- Develop results logic (e.g. framing measurement and evaluation, constructing logic models, understanding the theory of change and developing performance indicators);
- Design, collect and analyze performance indicators and analyze, synthesize and report results;
- Use key concepts and tools for performance indicator development, collection, analysis and use in combination with evaluation; and,
- Assemble the key elements of a Performance Measurement and Evaluation Strategy for practical planning and reporting in various contexts
The Presenter – Steve Montague
Steve Montague is a founding partner of Performance Management Network Inc., a credentialed evaluator, a Fellow of the Canadian Evaluation Society and has over 35 years of experience as a practitioner in performance measurement and program evaluation as a management consultant, an adjunct professor and as an evaluation manager in a major Canadian federal government department. Mr. Montague has managed major and minor projects analyzing a wide variety of programs for Canadian federal, provincial, United States, Scottish and Australian governments, as well as conducting work for the OECD, the World Bank, the European Union and the United Nations. He has assisted line departments and central agencies alike to define, implement and analyze performance measurement strategies and evaluations in support of results based management over three decades across four continents. He has published articles on measurement and evaluation in journals in Canada, the US and Europe and facilitated numerous presentations, panels and workshops on evaluation, performance management and information management. Steve is also a founding member and three times president of the Canadian Not-For-Profit Performance and Planning Exchange (ppx.ca) – founded in 1997.
For questions, contact Eunice Abaga at [email protected]
Fee: CES Members $195, CES Student Member $150, Non-Members $295