Communities Addressing Suicide Prevention (CAST) officially launched in September 2006 as a direct partnership between the Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division and the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness. CAST utilizes a population health approach that aims to improve the knowledge and understanding of Nova Scotians regarding suicide, while considering the complex and varying factors that can impact a person’s health and suicide risk.
The work of CAST is guided by the Nova Scotia Strategic Framework to Address Suicide and its sex strategic goals, which include Leadership, Infrastructure, and Partnerships, Awareness and Understanding, Prevention, Intervention, Postvention (support after an experience with suicide) and Knowledge Development and Transfer (http://novascotia.ca/dhw/healthy-communities/documents/Nova-Scotia-Strategic-Framework-to-Address-Suicide.pdf). In line with these goals, CAST works with communities in Nova Scotia to build and strengthen their capacity to address suicide at the local level through education and training, community events, information dissemination, resource development and community coalition development and support. Read more at www.communitysuicideprevention.ca.
CMHA NS CAST Program is soliciting competitive written proposals from qualified vendors, who are experienced in conducting health promotion-prevention, community capacity development evaluations; employing a mixed methodological approach, with a primary focus on qualitative methods.
The request for applications entails the development of an evaluation plan and provision of leadership in the identification of existing validated evaluative instruments and/or development of evaluation instruments, data analysis and evaluation report development.
- Enquiries: All enquiries related to the RFP and its processes must be made via e-mail by noon December 29, 2014, to the following e-mail address [email protected]
- Proposal Submission: Applicants must submit their Proposals in electronic format, on and/or before Tuesday December 30, 2014, at 4:00 p.m., to the following e-mail address [email protected]
- Proposals: All proposals must be clearly marked as CMHA NS CAST Evaluation and must be signed by the individual evaluation consultant and/or by an authorized official to bind the applicant to the application.
- Proposal Format and Page Limit: The proposal format required is Times New Roman Font, Size 12, single spacing with 1 inch margins. Proposal shall not exceed 12 pages, inclusive of appendices.
Applications received after the set date and time, Friday, January 9th, 2015, at 4:00 p.m., will be considered late and will not be considered as an applicant for the RFP.
RFP Process and Timelines:
- RFP Release Date: Tuesday December 16, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
- Deadline for Applicant Enquires: Monday December 29, 2014, 12:00 p.m.
- Deadline for RFP Submission: Friday, January 9th, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
- RFP Review & Vendor Selection: Monday January 12, 2015
- Contract Awarded Wednesday January 14, 2015
CMHA NS CAST Evaluation Timeline:
- The first meeting with the CMHA NS and NS Department of Health & Wellness Evaluation Advisory Committee Monday January 19, 2015
- Evaluation Workplan and Instrument Approval Monday February 2, 2015
- Data Collection Begins Tuesday February 3, 2015
- Draft Evaluation Report Submission Monday March 9, 2015
- Final Evaluation Report Submission Friday March 27, 2015
The evaluation service fee shall not exceed $25,000.00 inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees.
The Proposal must include:
- One page Executive Summary
- Description of the proposed evaluation approach and a work plan that includes; activities, deliverables and timelines, and a logic model
- Detailed budget
- Description of relevant qualifications, experiences and references