After a much needed break over the summer, your Canadian Evaluation Society Nova Scotia Chapter (CES NS) board is back and excited to be supporting evaluators in our province again!
For those of you who may not know, your CES NS Board for 2021-2022 includes:
- Dorian Watts, President
- Rob Assles, Vice President
- Clare Levin, Treasurer
- Zahra Take, Secretary
- Andrealisa Belzer, Past President, Interim Professional Development Chair, National Rep and serving on the new CES Standing Committee for Diversity Equity Inclusion and Environmental Sustainability
- Evan Poncelet, IT Chair
- Nicole Saulnier, Membership Chair
- Scott Christian, Member at Large
Learn more about the board members here: https://cesns.ca/about/chapter_executive/
We are planning for some exciting professional development this year. We will keep professional development predominantly virtual at least until the end of 2021. This helps reduce our footprint and enables easy participation from the other Atlantic chapters. We will be working on some in-person social activities where possible.
We already have three Professional Development Series lined up for this year:
- CES-NS DEI study group: The discussion part of this group will take place the last Friday of every month September 2021 through June 2022. This is for Atlantic CES members.
- Asking For A Friend YouTube series: This series will address those sometimes uncomfortable questions that you might have through conversation with various experts. Videos will be under 10 minutes to help make it easy to fit into your schedule.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our existing videos.
- Journal Club (Coming Soon!): The Journal Club started last year and was very well received so we will be continuing these sessions. This year we will have rotating leads for the group. Do you have a topic/readings you would like to bring forward? Let us know!
We will be starting a draft schedule that folks can sign up for soon.
If you have evaluation topics or sessions you would like to see, please let us know at [email protected]!
Stay tuned – next week we’ll continue our fall update with a second post on the CES strategic plan!
We are excited about the year ahead and can’t wait to connect with you all.
Your CES NS Board